Wednesday 14 November 2012

Permaculturing!

Last Sunday the guys from www.maidenlanece.org popped in the garden and they were helping to build the raised beds. I was a bit (a lot) late and now I regret because after reading a lot of stuff about Permaculture, I wish I had been there on Sunday to ask a lot of things!
family portrait!


I am planning to write something else about Permaculture and what it's all about, but I am still learning about it so what I can say for now is that it's a discipline whose main principles are:
 1) taking care of the Earth
 2) taking care of the people
 and 3) sharing the surplus (don't panic, this means humans have to govern our own nees and set resources aside so that we can further the other two principles). 
I have been doing my homework and reading about this but I am still learning AND I find it quite interesting so I will try to keep up with it and with the help of David and the guys from www.maidenlanece.org I will write more about it :)


Correct me if I am wrong but this on the left would be a good example of Permaculture application, wouldn't it? Instead of using a tap, we are going to use water from the rain as a natural resource. 








For more info about Permaculture you can check http://www.permaculture.co.uk/ or check this project http://www.maidenlanece.org/ or if you see David, he will be very nice and answer any question, if he can answer mine he will answer yours hahaha 



SEE YOU NEXT SUNDAY AT 11 AM!!! AT PRIORY ST! GREEN FINGERS POWER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments. Please write below